On Wednesday October 12th at 6pm, SE WI NORML will be hosting a volunteer orientation and training. If you are interested in learning how you can help reform marijuana laws in Wisconsin, this is your opportunity!
If you are unable to attend, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we can meet with you individually to discuss our work and how you can be involved. We also plan on hosting additional orientation/training days in the future.
We expect this orientation to take a little over an hour and we will provide snacks and refreshments!
Here is the outline of our agenda:
- We will start by introducing our chapter, it's goals, and our board members. (5 minutes)
- Go around and have everyone introduce themselves if they would like, stating your name and what is important to you in cannabis law reform. (5 - 10 minutes)
- Go over the basics of what we are planning to do over the next few months and where we can use help. (10 minutes)
- Question and answer period
- We will tell you how to find out who your state legislators are and then take a 15 minute break
- During this time we encourage you to call your legislators and leave a message in support of legalization
- We will be available to chat with you
- If you came just to learn more about the chapter and aren't ready to be trained, you can leave now
- After the break, we will split into groups based on what you would like to be trained on first: (10 - 15 minutes)
- Events and Tabling
If you would like to be trained in more than just one area, we may be able to do so after the first group session, or we may arrange for further training at a later date.
We will have a few handouts:
- A list of cannabis stats, facts, and talking points
- A somewhat detailed list of things we need volunteer help with
- A copy of our brochure that we will be distributing at local businesses and while canvassing
We have room for 23 people to attend, so bring a friend! We look forward to meeting you!
1000 E North Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Google map and directions